Last Minute Holiday Shopping Help
There are still a few days left in the holiday shopping season, and buying the right thing for everyone on your list is always a challenge. So, let the VHS Museum Shop help you find that perfect, unique gift. To get you started here are some great ideas—three gifts at three different price points.
1. Every Christmas tree in Virginia needs our state bird on it. These cardinal ornaments come with a rustic birdhouse as well. $8.95
2. Celebrate Christmas southern style, with this fun wine glass! With “Merry Christmas Y’all” on the front, this glass will let people know you’re a true southerner. You won’t even have to open our mouth (unless you’re thirsty) to show that you’ve got that southern twang. $11.95
3. Virginia is known for its delicious peanuts, and this Buttery Peanut Brittle, grown and manufactured in Wakefield, makes a scrumptious gift. $13.95
1. For the Virginia history buff, a tie with an 1828 Virginia map makes a great gift. This 100 percent silk tie also has the pre-Revolutionary Virginia Colony Seal on it. $28.95
2. Our hand-crafted pewter cups are modeled on the famous design by Thomas Jefferson. Made in the U.S.A., they make an excellent gift for someone who has it all. 28.00
3. Designed and hand-poured by expert chandlers in south Louisiana, our candles from Nouvelle Candle Company come in a variety of holiday scents. They are made from a special blend of waxes for the deepest fragrance possible and burn for 40–45 hours. $19.50
1. Give an authentic piece of Virginia history, a pen made from the wood of the Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree. The pens are handmade in Virginia by master woodturners. $35.00-$40.00
2. In this new biography of Thomas Jefferson, Pulitzer Prize–winning author, John Meacham, vividly brings to life an extraordinary man and his remarkable times.
3. Perfect for any book lover, this pillow features the famous quote from Jefferson, “I cannot live without books.” $40.00